While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: my commitment to your safety and health. I hope you and your family are in good health as we get through this together.
Massage and bodywork require skin-to-skin contact and you should be familiar with the fact that infection control has always been a top priority. As we modify existing measures to the coronavirus, please help me to support everyone who receives massage therapy treatment for health reasons by cooperating with the new requirements.
While I follow Practice Guidelines recommended by the Federation of State Massage Therapy Boards (FSMTB), along with infection control recommendations made by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. These changes are to help protect every one of you including myself. For example:
• I will communicate with you beforehand to obtain updates to your health information and ask you specifically about your potential exposure to COVID-19.
• When you arrive at the office, please text me that you have arrived and I will text you once I'm ready for you to enter the building.
• I will greet you at the door and use a no-touch thermal temperature screening to confirm that you don’t have a fever.
• I’ll ask you if you have developed any symptoms of illness since we spoke on the phone. If you feel ill on the day of your session, there is no penalty for canceling your appointment. Massage is not advised if you have any symptoms of illness.
• Please bring a face mask to use while you are in the building, and during your massage.
• I will ask you to sign an informed consent form that states, “I understand that close contact with people increases the risk of infection from COVID-19. By signing this form, I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks involved and give consent to receive a message from this practitioner.”
• Wash your hand when you enter the building or use hand sanitizer.
I look forward to seeing you again and am happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps I take to keep you, and every client, safe in my practice. To make an appointment, please call my office at (337) 244-0924. My practice is tentatively scheduled to open on the day, month, date.
Thank you for being my client. I value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to a safe, therapeutic touch environment.
Your Massage Therapist