(Level 1) Initial Evaluation & Assessment for Lymphatic Drainage Massage (1)
Time & Location
About the Event
Title: Level 1- Post-Op Evaluation & Assessment for Lymphatic Drainage Massage
***Note: this class is a prerequisite leading up to Level 2***
Name of Presenter: Sharon Sterling, Spa Owner/ LMT, LDT
Total CE Credit: 8 hours
Phone: (337) 454-5004
1 Massage at aTime, LLC
3815 Kirkman Street, Lake Charles, La 70607
Program Description: This class provides an initial assessment and evaluation guideline to prepare and educate therapists as it relates to Post-Op Care after Cosmetic Surgery.
In this class therapist will learn and be able to:
• The different types of surgeries that would require post-op lymphatic drainage massage therapy.
• How to be prepared as well as prepare your client prior to treatment by taking a thorough evaluation and assessment, which protects you and the client.
• Different modalities and tools used to reduce pain and discomfort and speed up the recovery process.
• When LDT massage is out of your scope of practice and when it's best to refer the client back to their PCP or surgeon.
• Contraindications to massage
medical precautions and endangerment sites
•Conduct a thorough risk assessment to evaluate the risk involved prior to booking their 1st client.
• Learn how to practice safety and take the necessary sanitary precautions
• Be an advocate for the client while staying in compliance with the surgeon’s post-op plan of care, instructions, and guidelines.
- Access Class Entry For Level 1$475$4750$0